Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daniff = Great Dane + English Mastiff = Love


Last Saturday I officially became the proud owner of a Daniff... a bit of an impulsive move, but I'm absolutely smitten with my 40lbs of 13 week ball of love... Rupert. I've been contemplating getting a dog for awhile. My lifestyle for the last 7 years has been noncondusive for dog-owning... thus why I've stuck to my two feline companions Auddy and Midge. Auddy is my red headed problem child who has probably met every neighbor in a two block radius and then there is Midge...  my special needs child... seriously if cats could have trisomy 21... she has it. And now we have Rupert. My family has always had dogs... and cats... and horses... and goats... it feels great to have a dog of my own.  He definitely is more of a companion than my girls... I am excited for the day we get the go ahead for the dog park... T-minus 3 weeks.  Today he's only 40lbs... but he'll probably be upwards of 140lbs, I may have to get a different couch to accommodate both of us! Currently I am obsessed with his bowel habits... trying to house train and am consumed with his every move hoping to be that diligent dog owner... attempting to not be a total failure. Thankfully, I'm fortunate to have a great friend who comes every day at lunch to let 'ol Rupert out... they are officially BFFLs. And Rupert's BFFL has been extremely helpful with creating a routine and as a result... Rupert has been doing wonderfully.  I'll keep you posted with his progress and growth... we are soon to start puppy classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment